Monday, March 19, 2012

Valley


Paisley Jade has nailed it with her latest post. If you haven't read it, do. It's amazing. My fluffy posts are as usual hiding depths that I am struggling to navigate. I have been a Christian a long time. I feel like I know God. I know His Goodness. His Mercy. His Love.

But right now that seems like head knowledge and not heart knowledge. My mother heart is in pieces. I have read of some stories, true stories of children and abuse. Bad abuse. One case in particular has truly seared my heart. I have an imagination that's extreme and my heart is over sensitive. The combination has me sleepless and wrestling with God. All.the.time.

I know enough to know that in times like this we just need to hang on. There may not be   answers but the Truth of Him will sustain. He is Good. He is in control. But the suffering of children undoes me. I cannot bear it.

I know God is in this valley. I just need to wait and try to trust. 



Photobucket

4 comments:

Gail said...

Love your tender mother-heart. xx

Neetz said...

((hugs)). I hate hearing about those awful cases of abuse, and it seems so frequent..heartbreaking!
And I know what you mean about it being unsettling etc...I think that since becoming a Mum that my "mother heart" aches and hurts that much more......
Lots of love x

Cat said...

such raw beauty written here Sammy
I love it
the valley has often been the place in where I have seen The Light the most
I know you have a heart for God, Sammy, that is apparent in your words.
There are many things in this world that we do not understand...I think the thing to remember is it is human choices that have brought in the darkness... God is not the abuser...that is why our choices in our own lives are so important, so powerful.
When people make choices that hurt others and hurt our hearts it can leave us confused, unsure, shake our foundations...
I believe those feelings are completely acceptable...God can not be offended by our wonder of such things...God can not be offended because God is not who does it....
perspective of darkness can oppress us or free us...
let your heart wonder...let your heart fell...let your heart be angry...God can handle it Sammy...God can handle it♥

Love and Light

Cat said...

ps God welcomes your sleeplessness, your wrestling thought...God gave you your extreme imagination and your sensitive heart...God embraces your Mother heart and holds each piece tenderly...hold on sister, hold on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0B2ybZpDeM

love and light and prayers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...