Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dolofee a.k.a. Dai


** Dolofee is Rupi's word and Dai is Blossom's word**

In April my sister and I took our small boys to the W.iggles concert. It was a blast. During the concert Dorothy the Dinosaur appeared on stage. Tiny girls emerged from everywhere and clustered in front of the stage, holding red long stemmed roses. I was utterly confused until my sister explained that the roses were for Dorothy as she "eats" them. Dorothy made her way down from the stage and recieved the roses like a big green queen. As she walked around the auditorium the swarm of tiny girls tottered after her.

This was bemusing as all the other characters attracted both boys and girls. I did not get it at all.

Until now. Blossom is in love.

For the very first time and with a large green dinosaur. Yes, it's Dorothy. She sings about Dai all day long and carries the books that have her picture in them, everywhere she goes. It's true love I tell you. I cannot figure out the attraction but what can you do? Love is in the air...!

So someone will be getting a Dai stuffed toy for Christmas and maybe a Dai backpack too. Bless.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Simoney said...

Bless. Bless. Bless!
x

Elizabeth said...

Mine too... but like you, I don't get the attraction! She started off loving Wags - but it didn't take long before it was Dorothy (or something along the lines of Dot) that caught her little heart! We hope to attend a Wiggles concert next year with her :-)!

Unknown said...

Can't say I've ever understood the 'Dorothy' thing either, she doesn't appeal to me :P

Tea said...

Aww, that's sweet. It's so fun watching kids as they start having their special favorites.

These Three Kings said...

I remember growing up and Winnie the Pooh being my fav! I didn't like for him to be washed or taken from me. so precious to see little ones with their fav toys :)

Gail said...

Ahh cute. I'm a mean mummy - never let my kids watch the wiggles, though they did love them (so there must've been some exposure!) You'll have to go to dreamworld - Wigglesworld!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...